Baby Braden Petska

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tuesday's Progress

Hello,
Our little man had a rough night last night with the darn reflux. You can tell he is in pain and it's difficult for him to get comfortable after he eats. He has managed to keep everything down, but is having a hard time tolerating the reflux. Dr. G. came in and wanted to pull the feeding tube today. We know that this will help with the reflux, but I want to leave it in one more day just to make sure he's ready. We know what happened the last time they pulled it...we don't want to go there again. The speech path. we've been working with feels more comfortable leaving it in one more day as well. She wants to see if he can endure two days in a row taking everything by mouth. Sometimes they can do it one day and then they poop out the next.

I'll try and post later today/tonight to update on how the day has gone.

Please keep us in your prayers as Braden tries to eat on his own while battling the icky reflux.

Thanks,
Steph
PS.....I'm trying really hard to find some LaCombe in this kid.....I carried him for 9+ months and then he comes out looking every bit like Rich :-)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He has your lovely dark hair :)

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our little Sammy was just like that when he was born...head to toe, a little clone of his Daddy. But now, it's very clear that his eyes are mine. :) Trust me...you'll see yourself in that little peanut, before you know it!

Love...Jenny
(Bonnie's daughter)

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all pulling for Braden and know that he can do this, but it must be so hard to see him in pain. Thanks for the great pictures - and we just love the mohawk! Braden is such a trendsetter. Hope that you got a chuckle about the article that we sent you about the "fauxhawk" that was in our newspaper. We pray that all goes well in the days ahead.
Love,
Uncle Lar, Aunt Gooch, Katie and Tim
P.S. Steph, I see a lot of you when Braden is awake. Rich, I see a lot of you when Braden is sleeping. :)

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich, Steph & Braden (families also),

You must feel like you are on a roller coaster. I bet you are so exhausted and just want to get off. Tom's 100 yr old grandmother always use to say "This too shall pass", but when it is a loved one it can't pass soon enough. I cannot imagine how hard this whole experience is for you all. I wish there was something someone could do or say to make it better. Braden has proven that he is a big fighter, and will continue with that strength.

Stephie, I saw your mum in him the first pic I ever saw. He is such a beautiful blend of both you and Rich.

Oh by the way, I also saw some green and gold in him! hee-hee-hee

Take care, you are all in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Love, Pat

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich-
Ummm...hairy butt, I did not know. :) Anyway, maybe baby number two ( I know I am getting ahead of myself) will look like you Steph. Look at Justin and Jonah. Ray and I both have our mini me's. We are pulling for Braden and hope his relfux get better, poor little guy. He sure is a little fighter so I am sure he will fight this too. Don't forget to give us a call if we can help in anyway. Our door is always open! oxox

Love, The Braden's

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trying to find a little bit of LaCombe?? Have you seen this kid with a bottle in his mouth? I heard Steph can down ounces pretty quickly at Shooters when she wants to!! I'd say the way he drinks (eats) he's got some LaCombe in him.
Glad to hear he is doing better. We look forward to see you at home soon.
Love,
Jim, Fran, Hailee and Sheridan

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Steph, Rich, and Braden -

We are so sorry to hear about the hard times you are experiencing. I was in GHS last week and was given the update. It is impossible for anyone to know what you are experiencing right now.

You have been in our thoughts and prayers.

Love and God Bless, Ryan, Annette, and Anthony Gleason

p.s....Steph - he will start to look like you soon enough :)

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home