Baby Braden Petska

Monday, July 27, 2009

Owen is 2 Months Old!

Dear B,
This summer....well....it just hasn't been the same without you. I can't help but think of all the things you missed - I'm sure in spirit you were everywhere right beside us, but I just long for your physical presence....to hold you, smell you, brush your cheek up against mine, hear your laughter, and watch you grow. Somedays I feel okay and wonder how I've made it almost 5 months without you - other days I can do something as simple as folding clothes and the tears will just start to flow.
Lately I've been finding myself watching more and more videos of you. If I could, I would watch you in video all day from the time I awake 'til the time I went to bed just so I could have you in my life and apart of my day again. I'm hoping to get some of the videos to work on the blog (if any blog techies could help, that would be great :) so we can share with everyone the songs you'd sing, how silly yet serious you could be, your sweet little voice, and your amazing smile.

Owen is getting so big...you would be so proud of him. He is two months old already! He was able to meet mama's family up in the U.P.S as you would call it. We also got Owen baptized in a private ceremony, and celebrated your life as well with some special prayers. We felt your presence as the sun rays beamed through the windows and down onto Owen. We also got to meet Super Sam's baby brother Chase. He is only two weeks older than Owen and so cute! Please continue to send us a sign that you are around through a beautiful sunrise, a cardinal that might peek in the house, a blooming flower that stands out among the rest, or a lady bug resting peacefully.

Loving you and missing you more than you'll ever know and holding you closer and closer to our hearts,
Love Mama



6 Comments:

Anonymous Suzanne Myers said...

Hello Steph and Rich,
I continue to hold you in my prayers. Owen is a doll! I'm sure that Braden is very proud of him.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous ceida said...

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Petska,
Wow, I've been hesitant to leave you a simple message these last few posts because I find myself at a loss for words. I find myself constantly thinking of you and your family throughout the day, and please remember that I will always keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences as difficult as it may be to talk about them. I'm glad Owen is doing wonderfully, and I know Braden is there watching and protecting his baby brother.

with much love,

Ceida Elizarraraz.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Jer, Kari, Alayna-Maria said...

Steph your Owen is just gorgeous!
I pray that Braden keeps sending you signs, when you most need them and when you least expect them. It makes me cry to think of how he would have loved this summer with you.
We are sending our prayers and love your way...
take good care,
Kari and Jer

2:30 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Steph, Rich and be-be Owen,

Thank you for continuing to share your loss, and I hope that it lightens your heart some. Master Owen, you are beautiful and I see the joy you bring to your Mum and Dad in their eyes. I am happy to hear that Braden is talking and you are listening. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. xoxoxo

4:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Steph- Just wanted to stop by and say that I think of you often and keep you in my prayers. Congrats on the new addition. He is beautiful.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph, Rich and family,
We are thinking of you and B with heavy hearts today. I know today has to be so very difficult. B would be proud of another wonderful & successful Heart of Gold event on Saturday night. You and Rich portrayed such strength and love in front of everyone. I hope you felt the love and support pouring out from each and everyone. Braden is still so deeply missed by so many...
Lots of love and hugs for you today,
Erika, Kevin and family

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home