Baby Braden Petska

Sunday, May 17, 2009

2 months......

Dear B,
I cannot believe today marks 2 months since we last held you, kissed you, and sadly had to let you go. The 17th used to be a day that marked your miraculous birth and now it brings on a whole new existence. It honestly feels like forever since we've last seen your sweet little face, embraced your presence, and heard your voice full of excitement with everything you said and did. You absolutley loved life and made us appreciate all of the little things that brought amazement and excitement to you everyday. Everywhere I go, I see you and find myself saying, "B would love that" or "I wish you were here pal." I find myself searching for ways to talk to you or reach you. Your gravesite is just too painful to visit. I get angry that it's there that I have to visit you...it's just doesn't seem fair. I guess the best way is to continue to write to you and ask God to take care of you, give you kisses, and let you know that we love you and miss you so very much. I hope in future letters I can gain my strength by reminiscing of all the wondeful moments you brought to us in your short yet precious life. Today it brings me more tears, so bear with me for awhile pal. Not a day goes by where our hearts don't sit empty longing for you and your beautiful spirit.

Loving you, missing you, and holding you closer than ever to our hearts,
Mommy and Daddy



Braden and Auntie Marci

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My heart still aches for you guys... still keeping you in our prayers. Loving you from Oklahoma,

The Schroeders

10:47 PM  
Blogger The Watson Family said...

Our hearts continue to remain heavy for you all. We try to find answers, yet can't. "Why" is asked all too often.
Praying for you all everyday!

Big Hugs,
Nicole Watson

www.caringbridge.org/visit/maddisonwatson

7:38 AM  
Anonymous mia said...

Oh Steph,
Know that I am with you in thought daily. I continue to ask God to give you and Rich strength each day. I love reading your letters to B. They are beautiful...just like the beautiful person you are...
Much Love,
Mia

9:51 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Thank you again for sharing your beautiful, precious and painful thoughts and feelings. I pray that by doing this, it will eventually ease some of the pain. You are wrapped in love. The glorious light will carry you, during the times you are unable to go forward. Loving thoughts and prayers from the U.P., Pat xoxoxoxo

11:15 AM  
Blogger Bill and Kris Tidd said...

Steph and Rich,
I read your letters to Braden and my heart aches for you both. Thank you for sharing the letters. It helps remind me how precious life is and that every day we have is a gift and that we should cherish each and every one of them. Keeping you in thought and prayer.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry for all of you. It really, really sucks. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I hope that it's somehow theraputic for you!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Suzanne Myers said...

Dear Stephanie and Rich,
I continue to pray for you. May God's peace continue to give you strength as you transition into a new chapter of your life.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Deb Fulcher said...

Dear Steph & Rich
I think of you guys everyday and am always at a loss on the "whys" of life. Your writings are so awesome to "B" - I just know he is loving every word you write to him. Bless you both and "B."
Love you - Deb

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jer, Kari, Alayna-Maria said...

Hugs from afar... we are thinking of you every day Steph. I pray you feel your Bradens presence surround you in your grief.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People ask me all the time..."how are your friends doing.." and I always say they will always grieve for Braden, nothing can or will ever replace him.
(((hugs)))

Tammy Tomomitsu

10:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

[hugs]I haven't talked to you since graduation, and find you of late when you are facing a loss that strikes so deep. Thank you for sharing this, and for sharing a bit of who B. was even though I never got the chance to meet him.

[hugs tight]
- Brandon

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say this morning is that I am sorry that your precious gift from God had to be taken back so early in his life for another journey. He will forever be with you and his legacy will continue by being told to his new sibling to be on earth. You gave him such happiness, love and support that he will forever be smiling upon you.

Love,

Debbie S

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home