Baby Braden Petska

Sunday, April 12, 2009

It’s a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels say to Jesus "I don’t want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down, and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you, will that be okay?” The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work.” But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will, I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine.” Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan and says, "When you are born, your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family, play and laugh every day, and when it’s time to come back to heaven, I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken, just torn between two loves."

Happy Easter B! We missed you today more than you'll ever know. We can only imagine that heaven woke up with your voice full of excitement as white fluffy bunnies, yellow daffadils, colorful Easter eggs, and of course chocolate (your favorite) surrounded your presence. If only our tears on earth were enough to bring you back. We hold you closer than ever to our hearts knowing we're one day closer to seeing your bright blue eyes and radiant smile once again.

All our love,
Your mommy and daddy

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you guys all day as I see all the kids with the candy and dressed up for church... sending a big hug your way!
~cindy beran

6:15 PM  
Blogger Jer, Kari, Alayna-Maria said...

My thoughts were also never far from you and Braden...as Layna played with her cousins today, her repaired heart allowing her to run and play, my eyes burned with tears of anger and sorrow for your loss, and how much you have had to endure. I loved your entry today.
Steph, you did it.. you made it through the day. I am sure it was difficult beyond what I can imagine. Braden hears you, even if your pain may still be too fresh for you to feel his presence yet.
Take care Steph.
Kari and Jer

8:47 PM  
Blogger ESolgos said...

Thanks for sharing your heart with us, Steph. My heart ached for you today. I wished you could have made a basket for Braden and dyed eggs together. I am deeply sad for you, my friend.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph & Rich-
My thoughts on Easter Sunday were filled with joy while watching my children, happiness that we were celebrating Christ's rising and drowning in sadness for you and what I knew firsthand you were missing. I prayed extra for you yesterday and thought of the 2 of you even more than most days (if that is even possible). Your story/letter was so beautiful, I am awestuck by your strength and beauty in words as you stumble through life right now. Most people don't even have such eloquence when not suffering, what a gift you have! I'm convinced that Heaven must have really lit up this Easter with Braden there. What a truly heavenly place it must have been this year, literally. Thank you for sharing this process with all of us, so that we may hug a little tighter, appreciate a little more and cherish now more than ever our special blessings from heaven that we are realizing are just on loan to us from God. We love you guys. Amy Vosters & family

1:18 PM  
Blogger Bill and Kris Tidd said...

Steph and Rich,
I've been keeping up with your entries and I have to say that you are amazing. Although I am saddened with every entry, I am also given hope and joy as I see you lean so heavily on your Christianity to get you through this unbelievable time. Thank you for sharing your thoughts out loud. You are an inspiration to so many out there. I thank God for you and your family---for your gift of sharing hope.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph and Rich - Brian and I continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Please know that we continue to pray for your strength and happiness. Thanks for these postings. Stay strong!

- Bridget O'Meara

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I read your entries, I tear up and cry. You and your family have been given an unimaginable task of teaching us all to smile a bigger smile, hug a little tighter, and cherish each moment a little more. Thank you.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((((hugs)))) and more (((((hugs)))) because there still are no words....Your faith is so inspiring. Prayers contiune daily for you all.

Tammy Tomomitsu

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you once again for your beautiful entry. Even though it brought tears, the vision of its content brought comfort. No matter where we are (heaven or earth) we are never unloved, alone or forgotten.

Debbie Scott

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stephanie and Rich,
Bless your hearts, may God continue to comfort you and give you strength to get through these lonely days. Please know that through these rough times you have been such an inspiration too so many people. You have both stood so tall!! even with a tear in your eye.and a hole in your heart. B will never forget you, he had the Best!!!!!!!!! thinking of you often. BIG HUGS
Karen Henriksen Dr.Stans office :)

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home