Baby Braden Petska

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Swiper no Swiping.......























There is a story behind every photo of Braden - whether he just popped a new tooth, marked a new milestone, got into mischief, or mama and dadda just wanted to capture his funny little personality on film; the picture holds meaning. Well, this picture believe it or not has held one of my all time favorite memories of B and his wit. This pic was taken to update our charity website - it was taken at his Christmas session in 2008. Thank goodness for photo shop b/c this was not the original head in this photo. Yes, ladies and gentleman, Kim cut off his head in another photo to gently place it onto his body to make this picture just right :) But, that's not the story. The reason she had to "head edit" was because this was the end of the photo session and we were pushing our limit with cooperation from a 2 year old :) We had to bribe B with mini-marshmallows to sit and smile. So, he did just that until he was done with his marshmallow and away he went. Then, it became a game...he thought it was fun to smile, say cheese and run away. On one of the last shots, he smiled, said cheese, and whipped the teddy bear behind him. He then said in his Dora Swiper voice, "You'll never get your teddy bear now -ha-ha-haaaa." I looked at Kim absolutely stunned that he'd say such a thing until Kim reminded me that that's what Swiper the Fox says on Dora. Oh, yes, B's favorite show.....he never once did this at home, so you can imagine my surprise when he says this (in an evil Swiper tone) at Kim's. Oh B, you surely knew how to put a smile on our face.......

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph, Thanks for making me laugh this morning. I can just hear him!

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Lois Petska said...

Sorry, the previous post was left by me. If I come across Dora when I am switching channels I turn it real fast. I tell myself I can't watch it but is it because of the memories or is it because I have memorized all of the episodes! Seriously, though this is the first post of yours I have been able to laugh and not cry. He was such a funny little guy!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Hazel Nut said...

That picture is so adorable, I love the smile on his face. She did a great job with the editing.

I will be praying for your strength this month.

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Steph,
I look forward to reading your blog every day. You're an inspiration to me. May God's peace continue to give you strength.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Kim Youra Photography said...

Seems like it was just yesterday. :( I'll always remember that photo shoot. Such a little silly goose! Hugs to you.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home