Baby Braden Petska

Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday Update

Braden is doing pretty good today. He continues to eat like a champ. He has blown his eating goals right out of the water in the last three days. We were given the go ahead today to up the amount of food he takes in each feeding and he is gobbling that up too. He took 85 cc's today, and a week ago 50 was a struggle.

He is still pretty fussy at times which is to be expected with his constant battle with his reflux. I can't imagine this is any worse than a "normal" kid though at this time.

We spent most of the day on the phone with insurance people, our visiting nurse stopped by, and of course changing diapers. Steph and I alternated feedings and naps too.

Anyways, just wanted to drop a quick line,

Thanks for checking in,

Rich

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!! to you all I KNOW this sweet sweet feeling... I am so happy for you. I will pray that the "bug season" that is upon us will pass you all over. I remember how careful and nervous we were too of a simple cold putting us back in the hospital. Looking foward to seeing those at home pictures!!! Are you going to continue your follow ups at CHW with one of their cardiologists?
Take care
Tammy Tomomitsu

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No "Monday Morning Blues" for the Petska family now that you are all where you belong! We are all smiling from ear to ear after reading your latest updates! Is Gramma Patsy still there? If so, give her a hug and a kiss from me. My love to all of you. Your happiness is contagious! Love, Cousin Bonnie

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys. After following each days events over the past 5 or 6 weeks this is such a happy ending to "chapter 1." Everyone was praying for this and I think it must have happened sooner than anyone would have expected. Enjoy every second. Steph, Rich, and everyone else involved this is truely amazing. I'm so happy for you guys and baby Braden. Rich you might have to tape Sunday night's Bears game b/c I think it might be too late for little baby B.

Dr. Mike

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home