Baby Braden Petska

Monday, January 01, 2007

A Post From Braden



Hello everyone, I hope you like my pictures mom and dad took of me. Mom tried posting yesterday, but the blogger wouldn't cooperate. I heard her say a few words I shouldn't repeat. I think her post was a little mushy and all....I'm just going to get to the point (without all of the mush).

I had a really great week. I got to go to one of daddy's basketball games. It was an early game and not very crowded, so it was pretty "safe" for me to be there. Uncle Nick said my eyes were as big as saucers when I discovered where in the heck I was.....it's pretty exciting for a little guy like me to get out every now and then! Grandpa Harvey was there to guard any flying b-balls from coming my way. After the game daddy brought me into the locker room to show me off to all of his players. That was fun, but it kind of smelled like my diaper pail in the locker room - not sure how anyone can stand it!

I helped celebrate my daddy's big 3-0....yep, he's just as old as mommy now! I don't rub into him as much as mommy does, cuz he gets a little grumpy.

I've been eating like a champ! I think mom and dad discovered I was working over-time with the slow-flow nipple. I've now increased my feeding by 2 whole ounces. After I chugged all 6 ounces for the first time, daddy did some sort of wiggle with his butt....I think he called it the happy dance. I was polite and smiled....I waited to giggle after daddy went into the kitchen. I think I even saw Snickers's whiskers wiggle like he was giggling at daddy too. Other things I like to do include playing patty-cake with daddy, finding anything I can to chew on, kicking my legs all over the place, and singing with mommy. Well, mommy tries to sing, I smile, and daddy plugs his ears.

I finally got to meet my buddy Evan. Evan and I were both in our mommy's tummies at the same time. They exchanged lots of stories and complained at times how Evan and I would kick them in the ribs with our big feet. I even heard rumors that they took birthing classes together, but I'm not sure. It was finally nice to meet my friend I've heard so much about!

I'd like to close with a few comments about my new pics I posted. There's me and my kitty cat; me just chillin' in my chic pajamas, and me in my Bears duds. Dad thought it would be so cool to dress me up for the Bears game. I didn't complain since they're a team actually going to the playoffs....sorry Packer fans. I did, however, giggle a bit when they lost....sorry Bears fans. I should've worn my Packer bib and booties....oh well!

Well, it's about that time to wind down for the night.
Hello to my fan club (that's what mommy calls all of you) and good night,
Love, Braden
PS....Happy New Year!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Ivanchenko said...

What a cutie! Loved the Blog from Braden!!! The pictures are so adorable. Hope you guys enjoyed your Holiday Season and had a great New Year.

Steph, I'm interested to hear how the sleeping is going. Also, I will touch base with you this week to check in about your first week back at work.

Good Luck and take care!!
Love, Jodi

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it is great to hear from the little man himself. And Braden I know the rest of your fan club is as excited as we were to hear from you. We have been cheering you on since day one. You are one strong and brave little boy. Keep the pictures coming. I must say you are one handsome little boy! We hope that you had an enjoyable holiday season, and I know that 2007 is going to be a great year for you!

Tell mommy that although it will be very difficult going back to work, it is the best feeling in the world when she gets home after a long and stressful day and she gets to see your smiling face. There is nothing like it. Make sure to give her some extra cuddle time on the stressful days. I swear Tyler knows when to kick in the charm after I have had a hard day.

Well, take care Petska's. I look forward to the next blog posting. Have a Happy New Year!!

John, Missy, and Tyler Nelson

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Petska Family,
Happy New Year! Loved the pics, especially the Bears' outfit. Steph, good luck tomorrow on going back to school. We will be thinking about you tomorrow and will be crying with you. You are so lucky to have such great bosses. And Braden will be in great hands with Grandma Lois.
Love,
Uncle Lar and Aunt Gooch

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Braden..what a year to say goodbye too eh?? You are a true Champion in everyones eyes, especially gramma Patsy (we've been talking about ya lately). You make all the bad turn to good when I hear news about you, thank you for that!!
Again, Happy new year and I can't wait to finally meet ya in 2007. Your great-cuz
Sara H.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Braden, your blog is in Packers colors so it is just as well that you wore your Bears gettup for the game, despite the result. You won't want to claim allegiance to that green & gold team after this season when Favre retires. You'll be in high school before they even sniff the playoffs again. Tell your pop I said Happy b-day. Happy New Year to all you Petskas!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun blog! I loves it. We are so glad to hear Baby B is getting out and about seeing the world. He grows up everytime I see a new picture of him. Don't you wish we could just bottle it up? I hope to hear from you guys soon. I miss seeing that cute face! (not you Rich)

Happy New Year!!!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home