Baby Braden Petska

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Back to Work...

















Hello Everyone,
I hope this e-mail finds you well. Is everyone keeping up with their New Year's resolutions?? Just thought I'd ask :-) Well, this week was quite a blur. I started work on Wednesday, and I felt a wee-bit "out of shape" (if that's such a phrase used in the working world). Stepping into my teaching position in the middle of the year was not as easy as I anticipated. My substitute, Lisa, spent the morning updating me on a "few" things I missed out on while I was gone. This really helped me out a lot.....thanks for the "tune-up" Lisa. I received a very warm welcome from the staff which helped my day go very smoothly. My team-teachers have been amazing and have helped me "regroup" a bit before I dive back into teaching. Thank you to everyone who called and e-mailed to wish me luck on my first week back.

As far as leaving Braden....he did better than I did. I was okay though....not too many tears. Grandma Lois came over the first few days, so we could ease into the "morning rush." Tomorrow will be the big test on how organized we all are :-) We made a Wal-mart run tonight to get the remaining goods that Grandma Lois will need for Braden. We also loaded up some of Braden's toys (the noisy ones) to bring and keep at G'ma and G'pa Petska's house.

Well, not a whole lot new as you can read....rather dull. Dull is just fine with us though :-) We were a little lazy on the picture taking this week..... few too many things going on. The one pic was taken after I attempted feeding Braden cereal. Grandma Lois told me how good he's been doing with eating his cereal. Well, for me, all he wanted to do was blow his tongue out at me and play. After he grew a beard of cereal, I called it quits! Oh, and you can see the remaining sprig of hair he has sticking up on the back of his head.

Well, have a great week and until next Sunday.................
Love, the Petska's
PS...some of you have asked.....our heart buddy Sam is now home. He came home on Friday with an appetite...yeah! We're very happy they're home after spending two additional weeks (over the holidays) at CHW.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First one to comment about your little peanut..he's so freaking CUTE!! I am laughing to myself, of course remembering the good ole days with abby (she turns 4 on Tues, Yikes)..Glad to hear that going back to school was a good to be expected, hope your cold is on the outs!
Have a good week Petska family we pray for you daily and think of you more..
Sara

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR PETSKA'S! MAY IT BE BLESSED AND JOYOUS!

BRADEN, YOU LOOK SO GOOD, AND ARE SOOOOO DARN ADORABLE. I SEE AUNT MARCIE IN YOU.

STEPHIE, GOING BACK TO WORK AFTER A LONG HIATIS IS DIFFICULT ENOUGH, BUT ADD BUTTON NOSE IN THE MIX AND IT MUST BE VERY HARD. IT MUST BE A COMFORT TO HAVE GRANDMA LOIS CARING FOR BRADEN.

RICH, I SEE BY THE PREVIOUS PICS BRADEN IS A LITTLE BEAR FAN. HEE-HEE-HEE

TAKE CARE AND YOU ARE ALWAYS IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR YOU ALL TO BE HOME.

LOVE YA,
PAT

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your transition back to work was relatively smooth, Steph. So hard leaving a little one! It's wonderful that he's with grandparents though. Sammy gets a good dose of both sets of grandparents during the week and I have to say, it's so great for him. He is just a happy, bubbly, social little guy. Lots of good wishes as you continue with the hectic schedule!

Jenny

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home