Baby Braden Petska

Thursday, November 30, 2006

11/30 Update

Braden is partially resting right now. He was pretty fired up most of the night by the sounds of it. They are trying to keep him quiet and sedated for the most part with morphine and other drugs. He more than likely has a headache and is understandably sore from the surgery.

We will be able to hold him today and feed him this afternoon. They hope that will help calm him down a bit compared to continuing to pump him full of drugs.

He is doing very well other than the agitation though.

We will update throughout the day.

Thanks,

Rich

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine anything more calming for Braden than being held by his mommy and daddy. So glad to hear that the little bugger is on the road to recovery and that the surgery went well. Our thoughts are with all of you!

Take care,
Jenny (Bonnie's daughter)

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read that things are going well with Braden. I'll continue to keep him and you in my prayers.
Karen Schmitt

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Baby Braden,

I, too, have HLHS and I had my Glenn at 7 weeks old. Can I tell you something? You feel so much better as you get older after the Glenn. I'm now 16 mos. and I walk and have so much fun with my brother and sisters. We are going to pray for you and your parents. It was nice to meet you, Braden. You can always visit me at www.caringbridge.org/visit/maxteumer. Get well and have a speedy recovery. Your new heart pal, Max Teumer

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home